Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10


I think we all have certain words or phrases that, when heard, bring a smile to our face. Maybe it's an old saying our grandpa used to repeat... maybe it's our the address of our childhood home... maybe it's the make and model of our first car. For me, it's August 10, 1977... the birthday of my wife Corey. Every time I see that date on a calendar, or hear it uttered, it makes my heart happy solely because it's her birthday.

You see, I have an amazing wife. I have rarely, if ever, thought myself to be worthy of her, because she really is the ideal woman, and as near to flawless as you can get. An amazing blend of beauty, brains, love and creativity, she brightens every room she enters and cheers every person she meets.

Everyone who knows Corey knows how good she is with people, and how genuinely loving and wise she is. So often I come into a conversation with her convinced that I know what's right, and leave seeing a better way. I've seen older women come to her for advice. I see other people's kids light up when they see her. I've heard people say "We need Corey here... then this would be fun."

She's amazing, and I'm so glad she was born.

I know it will please her more if I don't tear myself down during this post, but I'll just end by saying that I definitely "married up". Thank God for marrying up...

Happy Birthday beautiful...

2 comments:

Corey said...

thank you...this brought me to tears. I love you!

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

I second all of that! She is a truly amazing friend, mother, and woman of God. All of us are blessed to know her and call her a friend.